On Friday November 17th the Wayland Middle School's annual fundraiser calendar drive begins. This drive is our annual trip fundraiser with all money raised going to providing financial assistance for families of students for our middle school trips (especially for the 8th grade Washington DC trip). As many of you know we can only provide an experience like the Washington DC trip if every student is given the opportunity to go, even if they cannot afford the cost of the trip. This fundraiser is vital to being able to continue this culminating middle school experience in our Wayland community.
The calendar drive will run from November 17th through December 4th On Friday November 17th your child will be coming home with a packet of 5 calendars and are encouraged to help support students who may be in need of financial assistance for our DC trip by selling calendars. More fundraiser calendars are available through each child's homeroom teacher.
For every 10 Calendars Sold $10.00 will be deducted of that child's cost of the DC trip. This will be applied to your account at the end of the fundraiser to Worldstrides.
Calendars are a suggested donation of $10.00 each. The calendar enters the buyer of the calendar into 31 chances to win a different gift card seen on the calendar. Entrants can win multiple times throughout the month. The gift card selection will occur each day in January. Calendar sales and selling tips will be explained to students on Friday through their homeroom teachers.
Here is a short intro video to our calendar drive created by Ms. Williams
Thank you in advance for any support you can give to your child with this fundraiser.
Below are some safe selling tips for children
Calendar: Selling and Safety Tips
Please post on your refrigerator at home
You are responsible for your calendars. Keep them in a safe place and do not lose them. Bring in your returns daily.
· Be polite, cheerful, and have some fun. Say thank you to all of your customers, even if they don’t buy a calendar.
· Tell them the sale is a Wayland Middle School Fundraiser for student trips.
· The cost is a suggested donation of $10.00 per calendar; customers may purchase as many calendars as they wish.
· Donations are accepted. Encourage customers to write checks to Wayland Middle School.
· Go around with a friend.
· Tell your parents where you are going, or ask them to take you around on your selling route.
· Sell in your neighborhood and go to houses where you know the people.
· Sell calendars at your parents’ work place (when possible)
· Cross streets cautiously; use intersections and crosswalks
· Never enter anyone’s house.Do not give your phone number. Use the WMS number 508-655-6670